Alas, I’ve decided to move on from Abaca Technology and start a new adventure. It was a very difficult choice for me to leave but it was the right thing for me and my family to do. I have the utmost respect for the leadership team and the engineering team that I helped to re-build. They are in great position to execute on their engineering goals moving forward. And, what a ride is was!
- Recruited by seasoned silicon valley entrepreneur Steve Kirsch and reported directly to CEO
- Grew the customer base from 10,000 to protecting hundreds of millions of email boxes worldwide
- Started with two resources and later became responsible for ~50% of the overall company within constrained start-up environment
- Rebuilt engineering team from scratch after previous leadership meltdown
- Managed highly regarded 24/7 support organization
- Built 24/7 operations organization managing production IT and customer facing infrastructure
- Owned road map and engineering of all product lines
- Responsible for engineering deliveries resulting in key company wins
- Produced first external product effectiveness review [press release]
- Successfully deployed first 3000 user appliance [press release]
- Successfully attained official VMWare certification [press release]
- Successfully deployed first 12 million user customer [press release]
- Successfully deployed large scale trial leading to a deal of hundreds of millions users worldwide [press release]
I’m very happy with the traction we were able to gain during my time there despite the start-up conditions.
So, what’s my next thing? Same type of thing — building something new. Stay tuned ….