The Facebook F8 conference is underway and its quite the collection of folks. There is twittering, blogging, live video streaming all happening at the same time. It was a bit insane. More people were looking down at their laptops typing than actually watching the speaker talk. Here are just a couple of thoughts I had during the keynote:
- Regardless of his net worth, Zuckerberg is a terrible public speaker
- They need to hire someone that can scroll through slides properly
- There are now 90 million Facebook users
- 2/3 of the users are international
- Their approach on internationalization is right on and they are releasing the tool to all application developers. That’s exciting if Facebook can continue to push into international markets.
- 400,000 developers
- New profiles isn’t that awesome and there were obvious issues with the rollout
- Facebook Connect demos were exciting — Digg, Citysearch, Sixapart
- Lots of guiding principles for application develpment — no more spammy apps
- New developer website released
- New verification and great apps program released — makes a ton of sense
Overall, very cool.