I’ve had the Amazon Kindle 2 for just over a month now and its about time I jot down a few notes about my experience. Here are the things I like …
- Compact — smaller than a standard hardcover book
- Readability — very easy on the eyes
- Wireless Access — this is killer for me. I get the New York Times everyday, every morning without having to step outside. Plus, I can download whatever newspaper, book or magazine where ever I might be. This is convenience.
- Upload documents — I’m able to email the Kindle 2 documents that might want to read on the road. This is great because I kill less trees and my backpack is 1/3 the weight.
- Battery life — I’ve had no problems with running low on juice — unlike my iPhone 3G.
- Cheaper books — I like saving money
- Ability to consume more information — there is something to be said about having that if I have more information at my finger tips, I’ll consume more of it. This seems to be true for me.
- Eco-Friendly — not sure if they are made with some toxic plastic but I sure am using less paper
Here are things I don’t like:
- Larger screen — I never use the keyboard at the bottom — make the screen bigger
- Touchscreen — not sure how that would work with a digital ink screen but I still want it
- Color screen
- Give me blogs for free — they charge me money to read my favorite blog
- Text-to-speech is over rated — I never use it. I prefer to listen to a podcast or Ted talk.
Overall, I’m a fan and would recommend it to others.