I have a few personal goals that have lead me down the path of wanting an Amazon Kindle.
- Use less paper (Save the environment)
- Save money (Spend more wisely)
- Read more books (Increase knowledge and create ideas)
- Read more periodicals (Increase knowledge and create ideas)
- Read more newspapers (Increase knowledge and create ideas)
The Kindle seems to have hit what I need out of an e-reader.
- Relatively cheap for a new gadget.
- Smaller than a stack of books. I’m tired of having a backpack mostly full of books and printed documents. It’s bad for the environment and for my back.
- Great user interface for long reading sessions. I hate reading long documents on a monitor. Not only would I read books on it but longer work documents that I don’t want to print or read on my laptop.
- Easy shopping for reading material through Amazon — a trusted online retailer.
- Diverse reading material support. Books, newspapers, magazines, blogs, PDF’s, etc.
- Cheaper books. Amazon sells most popular books for $9.99 or an average of 60% off of retail.
- Less paper.
- Free wireless updating
Now, I’m holding out for the Kindle 2 which is supposed to be release early 2009. I hope it comes out soon. I don’t want to buy another physical book — I’m out of shelf space.
2 thoughts on “Show Me the Amazon Kindle 2!”
I’m waiting for it too! I sampled the Kindle in October on our China trip. Read two books and I LOVED it! It took some willpower to send it back and hold out for the Kindle 2.
My wife and I feel the same way, and are also eagerly awaiting the Kindle 2. In specific, she’s a very fast reader and doesn’t really want to bring 15 pounds of books on vacation!
Hey Renato – your name sounds familiar. Have we met? 😉